We intend to provide our Services in India. Accordingly, this Policy, and our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information (as defined below) is governed by Indian laws. We do not represent or warrant that the Application, or any functionality or feature thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. If you choose to access or use the Application from outside India, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. By using the Application and submitting any Personal Information from outside the India, you acknowledge that the Application is subject to Indian law and consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to India, which may provide a different level of data security than in your country of residence.
Use of this site constitutes Your consent to application of such laws and regulations and to the terms of Our Policy. Whenever you submit information via this site, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of that information in accordance with this Policy.
Collection Of Information
We collect Your Personal Information in the following ways:
The term "Personal Information" or "Information" shall mean information that (i) is transferred from the India to the other countries; (ii) is recorded in any form; and (iii) is about, pertains to or can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that person.
We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific person. If You are using the Website on behalf of a company or other legal entity, You are nevertheless, jointly and severally, bound by this Policy even if Your company has a separate arrangement with Us.
This site actively collects information from its visitors both by asking You specific questions and by permitting You to communicate directly with Us via e-mail. During the use of the Website, We may collect and process such information from the Users, including but not limited to the below mentioned:
1. Information that the Users provide to CompliCheck by filling in forms on the Website. This includes contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, financial information including but without limitation, if any, unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password and preferences information such as favourite lists and transaction history; .
2. Information that the Users provide when the Users write directly to CompliCheck (including by way of e-mail); .
3. Information that the Users provide to CompliCheck over telephone. CompliCheck may make and keep a record of the information shared by the Users with CompliCheck ;.
4. Information that the Users provide to CompliCheck by completing surveys, questionnaire, etc.; .
5. Information relating to logs is automatically reported by the User's browser each time the User accesses a web page. When the User uses the Website, CompliCheck servers automatically record certain information that the User's web browser sends whenever the User visits any website. These server logs may include information such as the User's web request, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. CompliCheck uses this information, which does not identify Users, to analyze trends, to administer the website, to track Users' movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about the User base as a whole. CompliCheck does not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information. .
6. When You visit the Website or use CompliCheck Services, We collect information sent to Us by Your computer or other access device. The information sent to Us includes data on the pages You access, Your computer IP address, device identifiers, and the type of operating system You are using, Your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information. Web log data includes the browser type You are using and traffic to and from Our site. When You visit the Website or use CompliCheck Services, We also collect information about Your transactions and Your activities.
Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you such as Your full name, address, e-mail address, phone number and so on).
You may also choose to provide Us with access to certain Personal Information stored by third parties such as social media sites (e.g., Facebook and Twitter). The information We may receive varies by site and is controlled by that site. By associating an account managed by a third party with Your CompliCheck account and authorizing CompliCheck to have access to this information, You agree that CompliCheck may collect, store and use this information in accordance with this Policy.
Notice Of Use Of Information
At CompliCheck , We use the information we obtain about Our customers for the following activities:
1. To provide, deliver and assist Us in providing and delivering any products and services to You and to help Us improve and develop these services;
2. To send You and keep You informed about commercial communications, subject to any choices You have made, about CompliCheck or third party products and services, loyalty programmes or other updates;
3. To verify any of the information You provide in order to effect, administer and enforce transactions, to manage Our customer relationships, to provide the requested products and services, to sign up agents, to ensure Your eligibility for any services, or products You apply for, and to maintain accuracy of Our records;
4. To allow You to change web pages during Your visit without having to re-enter Your password;
5. To store Your preferences and other information and to track activity on Our Website;
6. To better understand the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns;
7. To deliver Information specific to Your interests on additional websites;
Except as otherwise stated, We may use Your information to improve the content of Our site, to customize the site to Your preferences, to communicate information to you (if you have requested it), for Our marketing and research purposes, and for the purposes specified in this Policy.
In the event the Information is collected for a purpose other than that stated herein, the Company shall inform You of the purpose for which it collects and uses the Personal Information and the types of non-agent third parties to which the Company discloses or may disclose that Information. Company shall provide You with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when You are asked to provide Personal Information to the Company, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before the Company uses or discloses the Information for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected for.
Choice To Opt Out
In connection with our services, products and/or promotions, we may disclose Your Information to non-agent partners from time to time. If you wish that Your Information is not disclosed to non-agent partners, then we may not be able to provide services, products and promotions to You.
If you need additional information on how Your Information may be disclosed to non-agent partners, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing Of Personal Information
We may share Personal Information with Our other corporate entities and affiliates, non-agent partners who represent Us across various jurisdictions, and who would be assisting Us in providing the services as sought by You. While CompliCheck strives to ensure that the Personal Information shared with other corporate entities, affiliates and partners are not subject to misappropriation or misuse, and that the third-party subscribes to the Principles or are subject to applicable law providing the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Principles and agree in writing to provide an adequate level of privacy protection. CompliCheck shall not be responsible for misappropriation or misuse of Personal Information that may be attributed to such corporate entities and affiliates, partners.
We may also share Personal Information with Our other corporate entities and affiliates, partners to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of Our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. Those entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly choose so.
We and Our affiliates will share some or all of Your Personal Information with another business entity should We (or Our assets) plan to merge with, or be acquired by that business entity, or re-organization, amalgamation, restructuring of business.
Company shall take reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse and authorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Company has ensured that appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put it place whether personally or through a third party, to safeguard and secure the Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We cannot guarantee the security of Information on or transmitted via the internet.
Company shall only access Personal Information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by You.
The Website uses "cookies". A cookie is a small text file that's stored on Your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a Website that helps the site remember information about you and Your preferences.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down Your browser. These are known as Session Cookies. Others remain on Your device until they expire or you delete them from Your cache. These are known as Persistent Cookies and enable Us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
We use Session Cookies for the following purposes:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of the Website and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow Us to understand how Users use Our Website and to help Us improve the structure of Our Website.
We use Persistent Cookies for the following purposes:
- To help Us recognize you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to Our Website and to allow Us to tailor content to match Your preferred interests.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow Us to understand how Users use Our Website and to help Us improve the structure of Our Website.
- To internally identify you by account name, email address, customer ID and location (geographic and computer ID/IP address).
- To tailor content to Your preferences.
Third parties may also serve cookies via this Website. These Third Party Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To serve content on Our site and track whether this content is clicked on by Users.
- To control how often you are shown particular content.
- To count the number of anonymous Users of Our site.
- For Website usage analysis.
You can set Your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
You can also set Your browser to block the placing of cookies at all, but you should realize that this can limit the use of Our Website or services.
Links To Other Sites
If you subscribe to Our e-mail alerts, We collect Your e-mail address. This address will only be used for keeping you informed as indicated. If you wish to unsubscribe from Our e-mail alert list, you can do so at any moment as indicated in every e-mail you receive or by contacting Us through CompliCheck .
Rights To Acces, Correct Or Delete Your Information, And Closing Your Account
You have a right to (1) access, modify, correct or delete Your Personal Information controlled by CompliCheck ; (2) change or remove Your content, and (3) close Your account. You can also Contact Us for any account information which is not on Your profile or readily accessible to you. If You close Your account, Your information will generally be removed from the Service within Forty-Eight (48) hours. We generally delete closed account information and will de-personalize any logs or other backup information within Thirty (30) days of account closure, except as noted below.
CompliCheck has made every effort to ensure that this Policy adheres with the applicable laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any part of this Policy shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Policy.
The rights and remedies available under this Policy may be exercised as often as necessary and are cumulative and not exclusive of rights or remedies provided by law. It may be waived only in writing. Delay in exercising or non-exercise of any such right or remedy does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy, or any other right or remedy.
If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal processes, we agree to dispute resolution using (an independent resource mechanism) as a third party resolution provider.
CompliCheck makes no representation that the content contained on the Website is appropriate to be used or accessed outside India. If the Users use or access the Website from outside India, they are requested to do an independent research on their compliance with the laws of the relevant jurisdiction wherein they are domiciled.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the subject matter contained in this Agreement and supersede all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, written or oral, related to that subject matter. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use the products or services of a third party that are available through the Services. In the event of any conflict between any such third-party terms and conditions and this Agreement, this Agreement will govern. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any conflicts of law provisions contained therein.
Any dispute arising under or relating in any way to this Agreement will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration in New Delhi, India under the rules of the Indian Arbitration Act, except that either party may bring a claim related to intellectual property rights, or seek temporary and preliminary specific performance and injunctive relief, in any court of competent jurisdiction, without the posting of bond or other security. The parties agree to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in New Delhi, India for any action related to this Agreement.
This Agreement is personal to you and you may not assign it to anyone. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement is not intended to benefit any third party, and do not create any third party beneficiaries. Accordingly, this Agreement may only be invoked or enforced by you or us. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action that you may have arising out of or related to use of the Services or this Agreement must be filed by you within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. Any and all provisions of this Agreement that would reasonably be expected to be performed after the termination or expiration of this Agreement shall survive and be enforceable after such termination or expiration including, without limitation, provisions relating to ownership, indemnification, limitation of liability and governing law.
Last Revised: June 1, 2016
©2016 CompliCheck Systems Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.